The Nottinghamshire Heritage Gateway provides an Internet-accessible guide to the heritage resources of Nottinghamshire as well as an history of the county featuring the latest research. For those new to local heritage the Gateway provides basic guides on how to find out about a number of key themes, while for the experienced local historian the Gateway provides an overview of resources both within and outside Nottinghamshire as well as a strategy for future research.
- To assist historical researchers at all levels by indicating the wealth of heritage resources available for the study of Nottinghamshire
- To provide easy access through to all relevant websites of Nottinghamshire's heritage organisations and other organisations holding material on Nottinghamshire's heritage.
- To provide an introduction to the primary and secondary resources (documentary, artefactual and topographical) for the history of Nottinghamshire, not only documentary but also
- To provide a history of Nottinghamshire written by leading experts in the field.
- To provide historians with a directory of current research and a rolling five-year strategy for future work.
- To link all of this information into the National Curriculum.
The Nottinghamshire Heritage Gateway team
- Professor John Beckett (Professor of English Regional History, School of History, University of Nottingham)
- Dr Denise Amos (former Part-time tutor, School of History, University of Nottingham)
- Andy Nicholson (Thoroton Society website manager)
Contact the team
Please send your queries and comments by email.