Captured German artillery piece on display in Nottingham market place.
Picture the Past, North-East Midlands Photographic Record)
A large number of WWI-related images, including photographs of men recorded in the Worksop Roll of Honour Book and also a collection of images of Albert Ball VC.:
Imperial War Museum
- Photographs by Horace Nicholls of munitions production at National Shell Filling Factory, Chilwell [Q 30011-Q 30042, Q 28135]
- Photographs by Horace Nicholls of women working in industry, Nottingham [Q 28300, Q 28128]
- Photographs of officers in the Sherwood Foresters etc
- Spickett D C (Miss) Collection - Military Hospital Bagthorpe, Nottingham
Use the online catalogue to locate and view the photographs:
Department of Manuscripts and Special Collections, University of Nottingham
- Packet of photographs taken at the Front, 1915; and other military papers immediately after the First World War, 1919 [Dr N 32-34]
- Album containing postcards and photographs of soldiers during the First World War belonging to Winifred E. Parr, including images of the General Hospital, Nottingham; 1910-1919 [MS 866]
- Photograph album containing a variety of informal shots of soldier patients and nurses in the grounds of the General Hospital, Nottingham and the 'Cedars' Red Cross hospital in Beeston, in the First World War period; 1914-c.1918 [Uhg Ph 2/3]
Female munitions workers at Ransome's works in Newark-on-trent. Photograph courtesy of Newark & Sherwood District Council Museums.
Photographic collections include a number of WWI subjects.
Many WWI-related photographs available to view on the website: