Nottinghamshire Archives hold the records of "county, city and district councils; hospitals; poor law unions; quarter sessions; magistrate courts; probate courts (wills and inventories); churches (including parish registers); mediaeval manors; local organisations; businesses; families and country house estates."
- Nottinghamshire Archives website
- Summary guide to archival holdings
- Online catalogue (Nottinghamshire Archives Worldwide Catalogue)
- Information on Nottinghamshire Archives held on the National Archives' ARCHON database
University of Nottingham, Manuscripts and Special Collections
"The University Library has been actively collecting manuscript and archive material for over seventy years and there are now over 3 million records in over 600 archive and manuscript collections.
The holdings include the papers of leading Nottinghamshire families and their estates, the records of local businesses and organisations, including those the Archdeaconry of Nottinghamshire, the personal papers of political, diplomatic, literary, scientific and academic figures, as well as some of the historical records of the University and its predecessor, University College Nottingham."
- Manuscripts and Special Collections website
- Guide to holdings
- Online catalogue
- Details on Manuscripts and Special Collections on the National Archives' ARCHON database
Sheffield City Archives
Sheffield City Archives holds some material relating to Nottinghamshire, the most important being the Arundel Castle Manuscripts.
- Sheffield City Archives website
- Information on Sheffield City Archives on the National Archives' ARCHON database
Derbyshire Record Office
Derbyshire Record Office holds Nottinghamshire-related archives: for example, the FitzHerbert of Tissington records contain material for Warsop and properties in neighbouring villages.
British Library, Manuscripts Collections
- Online catalogue
- Information on British Library Manuscript Collections on the National Archives' ARCHON database